Guarantee of new constructions and constructions and equipment:
The equipment and parts manufactured by Tallers Cornet, S.L. are guaranteed for a period of one year from their first use.
The assembly and installation work of new constructions carried out by Tallers Cornet S.L is guaranteed by the aforementioned commercial company during the six months following the completion of the assembly and installation tasks.
The guarantee offered by Tallers Cornet S.L covers the faults that may appear in the equipment and parts manufactured by the aforementioned commercial company (during a period of one year) as it likewise covers the possible error and faults that Tallers Cornet S.L may have committed during the assembly and installation work (during a period of six months)
The aforementioned guarantee refers exclusively to labor, material and the necessary parts for the repair. Any repair should always be carried out by Tallers Cornet S.L. or by whichever other shipwright expressly authorized in writing by Tallers Cornet S.L.
The guarantee offered by Tallers Cornet S.L. does not include the traveling costs, food and lodging of the staff of the aforementioned company employed to carry out the repair, nor the staff’s own expenses should there be any. Nor does it include any expenses pertaining to the work that may arise during the repair for the customer, nor the expenses of the customer’s own staff, nor the expenses of transportation or return of parts and materials nor the expenses of the vessel in dry dock, nor those of third-party professionals working on the repair but not employed by Tallers Cornet S.L., nor the expenses for trailers, cranes and those caused by complications of inaccessibility, etc., nor the expenses of the vessel’s transportation to the port where the repairs are undertaken, nor the cost of immobilizing the equipment, the boat or group, etc., nor compensation for redundancies or loss of income during the period of repair or whatever other expense not expressly stated in the present conditions of the guarantee.
In no case will the guarantee cover a monetary value in superior to that of the repaired parts or of the assembly and installation work initially carried out by Tallers Cornet S.L ., so that the customer will be liable for any costs that exceed the original value of the manufactured equipment or parts or of the assembly and installation work carried out over the part or problem causing the guarantee.
The equipment and parts manufactured by third-party companies not connected to Tallers Cornet S.L. are guaranteed by their respective manufacturers during the periods and according to the conditions laid out in their respective guarantees.
The guarantee is not applicable:
- When the fault is due to incorrect use, negligence on the part of the operator or to accidents.
- When the fault is due to an act of God.
- If the equipment or installations are handled or modified by a person not employed by Tallers Cornet S.L., without the written permission of the aforementioned commercial company.
- When the customer fails to advise Tallers Cornet S.L. of the existence of the problem, the first symptoms of the fault or the malfunction on the same days as its detection.
- When the customer’s payments to Tallers Cornet S.L. are in arrears for the work undertaken for which a claim under the guarantee is made or for whatever other work undertaken by Tallers Cornet, S.L on behalf of the customer.
- When the faulty equipment or components are not covered by a guarantee from their respective manufacturers.
These conditions are valid if no contract or order voucher specifies details which modify the conditions stated on the guarantee and which are agreed to at the time when the work proposal is accepted.